Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloweeeeeeeen

So I leave tomorrow night, getting back to Melbourne at 9:30 in the morning, sorry for my mistake. The flight is NZ123.

So before I leave, I figure I should post about Halloween. The photos are a lot more work than I first expected, and so with packing and such, I haven't had much time... Luckily, they don't take too much brain power, so once I get home I should be able to get cracking on them.

So yes... Halloween. First thing I did for the day was begin decorating, Kristy and Richard wouldn't be home until later at night, and so I would have to be the one prepared for any trick-or-treaters. I put out some cobwebs everywhere, including on the door and one of the windows. I also got a Halloween playlist going, and set the computer speakers up near the windows.

As it got later, I got into my costume, and set out the pumpkins. When it got dark, I lit the candles, turned up the music and got ready for the trick-or-treaters.

I was a little disappointed actually. It wasn't until after 7:30 before I got one largish group of about 4 kids and two tweens, and then just before Kristy and Richard got home I got a group of three tweens who had what some may call a lack of clothing. I felt my costume (OK, so I have a photo of this already...) went to waste!

Luckily, it didn't totally. Kristy got home and disguised herself in a costume (including wig) that would ensure no one would recognise her as being an adult going out with a young adult trick-or-treating. I think most people thought I was 14 and no one really had an issue with it (plus by the time we got out, the night was starting to die down and so people wanted to get rid of their candy). Three houses up the street got REALLY into it, apparently they go overboard at Christmas (and at Easter too for one of the houses!) as well. One guy had dug a hole in his front yard to be a grave, another had people standing and sitting still in clown and scarecrow costumes, they moved when you had your back turned. Another had a huge graveyard, lighting effects, a guy who grabbed your foot as you tried to walk past, horror movies playing, and a person who would chase you with a chainsaw... Being the most elaborate, I can guess that this is the house that actually decorates for Easter.

I got a decent amount of candy, most of the area around here is apartments, and so they don't usually do the trick-or-treating thing... Probably why we didn't get many people. Now the only problem is I don't have time to eat it!

So today I was packing, I also went into Hollywood to go to the "Build-a-Bear Workshop" and bought twin bears... One for Kristy and I each as a sort of thank you and a bit of an inside joke between us (one is meant to be a ninja despite the fact the closest I could get was a karate costume, and the other is a pirate!). So that was fun...

...Tomorrow I leave! I kind of want to stay!!! Oh well.

See you all soon!

No comments: