Thursday, August 2, 2007

Re-loading the Cash Passport (ordering souveneirs!)

For you family and friends who would like souveniers bought for you while I'm in the USA, I'm pretty happy to just go out and get whatever you want. However, I am on a rather tight budget, and while it's not required, I would appreciate it if you paid for all or some of it!

My money is being kept on a small card called a Cash Passport, which works a lot like a debit card- I can't spend anymore money than the money I have on there. While I'm not entirely sure at the moment how re loading works, from my understanding you can do it one of two ways:

1. Go into your nearest Australia post, give them my card number, the money you wish to put on the card and tell them you would like it to be in USD.

2. Use Bpay (Biller codeL50179, CRN is my 16 digit card number). I have no idea what Bpay is or how it works, so I'd only advise this one if you do.

I have been supplied with 2 cards, with one as a backup. If you are going to load my card, please make sure you have the right number! When you ask for a souvenir I will email you back with my card number, and you can load some money on if you choose to.

The money you load on will convert to USD at the rate they are at during that particular time. They will stay at this rate. To see the current exchange rate, use this website which updates regularly: http://www.xe.com/ ...As well as the table, it has a converter for any amount you input underneath.

I will be able to use the money you load on the card within 2 banking hours.

No comments: