Monday, October 29, 2007

The Week that was

The week of October 22-28, we're finally getting more recent!

So the day after Disneyland required some rest, but on Tuesday I was up and off again, this time to Paramount Studios! They were filming a few TV shows on the day, and apparently Eddie Murphy was on the lot on the day. We saw neither, but I did get to see the set of an upcoming TV show called Dirt with Courtney Cox, and here's hoping I don't get a lawsuit thrown on me... Found out some news that Trekkies may be excited about. I will say nothing more because the tour guide slipped up when she told us and apparently no one's meant to know.

It was pretty neat to see all the stuff though, and of course we got the obligatory talk about the Hollywood sign which could be seen from outside the sound stage of Dirty Sexy Money (and she got some of her facts wrong too, and I thought it was sad that I knew she was wrong).

What was interesting was on the buses here... They have TVs which show roughly where the bus is, play ads and such, and put up headlines. One of the news stories looked like: "Sydney (Reuters) Keeping fit is important! Just ask Australia's power walking PM, John Howard, who is soon to be facing a tough election" ... Yeah that was the highlight of my bus trip. Boy am I looking forward to all the Australian politics when I get home!!! Man, at least I don't understand enough about the stuff over here to have it really effect me... Though Stephen Colbert running for President in South Carolina is all I'm really paying attention to. He should move to Australia and become PM. Really.

Friday was my chosen day to once again return to Disneyland. I had to get up at 6:30 in the morning this time, using public transport meant that I wouldn't get to Disneyland until around 10:20. If I wanted to get there at its open, I would have to catch a bus at 5:30, and waking up at 4:30 in the morning did not sound fun.

So I went to California Adventure first, and made a beeline for the Tower of Terror. WHICH WAS COOL!!! On my way to another ride... I managed to really be in the right place at the right time, because apparently at the place I was walking through at that time allowed me to win a "Dream Fast Pass" for both parks... Basically tickets that allowed me to jump lines on certain popular rides. Nemo, again was not included but I didn't mind. So I went on all those rides! Including Splash Mountain which worked this time (though it didn't get me as wet as the Grizzly River Run at Cali Adventure... I was soaked for most of the day from that).

I got to see the main street parade this time, which was good (though I know some of the floats were missing...). What was REALLY awesome though was the Fantasmic show (which was a cross between the parade, a water show, some movie clips, and a fireworks show, all with Mickey and a big dragon and... It was just really cool), and the fireworks (which by the end had my crying because apparently Disney knows how to make you so incredibly happy that you can't help it!!!)

So yes... Friday was good.

On Saturday I went shopping for some items for my Halloween costume (A Surprise!), and on Sunday Richard had a few things to do, and so when he went to Frys I went with him and bought myself a copy of the Sims 2 Pets, which has finally gone down in price (it was cheaper than it was in Oz before, so even more so now).

With Disney photos, I didn't get as many as I would have liked. However, I sort-of-know a person who works there/has worked there, and she has a lot of photos and videos that most people wouldn't be able to get. So if you want to see some cool Disney stuff, check out her art page. If you click on the link just under the box on the right which says "Previous Journal Entries", she often has some photo posts and links to her photo albums in there, as well as links to some videos she has taken and put up on Youtube. There's some pretty awesome stuff.

No comments: