Monday, October 29, 2007

The aftermath and the Grand Canyon!

Surprisingly, on Monday everyone wanted to sleep. But we had to be out of the hotel by around midday, and have meetings with the staff there, so it wasn't really an option. We eventually got out of there though, and Lauren (one of my Arizonian friends and the main director) went to her place to crash, and Kristy and I went back with Tiffiny and Amanda's place (the uh... Other two directors and friends from Arizona)

So... The rest of the week from October 1-7...

On Tuesday, Amanda and Tiffiny took Kristy and I to a few cool places, the main places being a Halloween superstore (pretty damn cool) and The Bass Pro Shop. It was an outdoors shop and I think they must have killed... I don't know how many animals to decorate the place. I was a little mortified, and the girls laughed... Hunting and guns really are a part of life over here. We had some fun around the shop though, it was HUGE to the point where they could fit a river with live fish, a (fake) shooting range, an bow and arrow shooting range, a large fishtank, a restaurant, a rock climbing wall and a fudge shop inside.

...If you had to ask whether or not we bought fudge, you do not know me well enough. I got cookies and cream (with real Oreos!) and Cheesecake. We watched a really bad anime with what we think is the worst dubbing job in history, and fun was to be had.

Wednesday, Kristy was leaving, with me staying for a while longer with the girls in Arizona. We did go canoeing on the lake that is IN THE McGUIRE'S BACKYARD!!! It was pretty cool. I also got to experience Red Robin, which is actually a franchise restaurant and not a fast food place like I thought it was.

The main event of the week was yet to come though- My trip with Amanda, Lauren and Tiffiny to the Grand Canyon!

On Saturday, we piled into a car and drove all the way up to Sedona which... Was pretty stunning. Red rock all around. The scenery was nothing short of amazing. We went to the motel after lunch and a walk around, where we played some fun games including a drinking game with sake (and even with a fruity flavoured sake, we discovered that sake tastes pretty horrible). By the way, I don't endorse drinking!!! Just so you parents know...

And then came Sunday, the day where we actually went to the Canyon. I apologise for not having photos of this, I have yet to nab them off people. I do have a lot of video, but really... I couldn't capture it at all. The place was amazing.

For those of you who are curious, no I wasn't there when the four year old fell into the Canyon, that happened the day after we got back.

But yeah... The place was really, really awesome, and I don't know how to begin to describe it. Except for it was apparently tiring for the girls to walk (I've been doing a lot of walking in my time over here so I guess that's why I didn't have a problem? One of the few advantages of not being able to rely on a car...) We only saw part of the Southern edge and ... Wooooow. We also saw a graveyard, with people from all different time periods randomly placed. It was also pretty cool.

No comments: